Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Sunday, October 17

Finishing up moving in

I had a sore throat on Friday. I feel better today despite the fact that we've been cleaning out boxes and organizing the apartment since 9am this morning, and I just stopped at 12am. We want to get everything where it should be so we can finally relax and have everything where we need it. Our apartment is almost completely done! We'll also have a web cam up soon and I should start up working on our site again.

I was thinking about putting up a "Tell Us Where To Go!" area where people could write in and tell us where they want us to go in New York- either somewhere they've heard of, or somewhere they've been to and missed. That way, we can explore new areas and post some photos of it and talk about it a bit. I thought that might be fun. I think there's also going to be a forum.

Thursday was our first day of rain since we've arrived. Not bad having absolutely perfect weather the last two weeks. Right now it's 49 degrees out, and tomorrow it's supposed to be high of 58 low of 44 and rainy. I think this is the type of weather we'll be seeing a lot of.

We're still getting used to what type of jacket is needed for what. It's cold in the morning, but then after you start walking, you warm up- and then as the day goes on, the city retains the heat, so even after you leave work after the sun goes down it's still warm. Then carrying your jacket around becomes a pain.