Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Saturday, January 1

What a New Year!

Sorry, guys! I can't believe so much time has slipped away- I haven't blogged since before Christmas! Let's see...

Merry after-Christmas! Dave and I got paid Christmas Eve, so we finally did our Christmas shopping, braving the Newport Mall. We did very well in finding everyone thoughtful gifts despite doing it last minute. Dave's parents came back to New York for three days, where we did a lot of eating out and wandering around the city.

We also went to Radio City and saw the Rockettes Christmas: "Spectacular". It was very, very good-- Nearing the end of the show, the Rockettes were dressed like reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh- it was colorful, exciting, and happy. The only turn-off I had was that the remainder of the show was called the "Living Nativity". I wasn’t expecting it, and it was sort of a let-down after the big Rockettes finale.

And then on Tuesday morning.... I had food poisoning. Dave's parents were on their way out, and I was dressed for work, laying in bed. I threw up for 9 hours that day. NINE HOURS!!! I was out for the rest of the week, my stomach muscles and body in pain. Eugh. I'm still having problems wanting to really eat anything other than bready sandwiches.

Happy New Year!!! We did head out to Times Square out of curiosity, around 5pm. I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of people already stuffing themselves into the different sectioned-off areas!!! People had started arriving at 4.... they kept coming in until they closed everything off at 8pm. We decided that being crammed shoulder-to-shoulder in large sections of Times Square with no alcohol and unable to leave at all for hours wasn't our idea of fun. Imagine trying to get back home on the subway!!!

Instead, we went to the Village and ate at an incredibly beautiful restaurant called "B-Bar and Grill".

Eric had bought a great bottle of champagne, we bought dubious amounts of beer, and we did a lot of laughing, singing and shouting. There were lots of parties in our building, so it was quite a night.

Work is getting much better. I'm getting more knowledge about all the different projects going on, and finishing up organizing everything. The biggest job in the studio is coming to a close in the 3 weeks, so it's been crazy. Eric is even going into work today with a group of production people to push through the stacks of proof that have been dumped back at us from the publisher.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! Here's to an exciting 2005!