Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Sunday, March 20

I [heart] Macy's

GOD I love Macy's. When we moved to New York, I fell in love all over again. The World's largest department store: Macy's. EIGHT GIANT FLOORS of everything you could ever want. Even a restaurant and bar. A café and candy store. A holiday department that takes up the entire eighth floor! Plus, I’m a terrible shopper, and this is the only place I can find clothes that fit me the way I like, and still allow me to express myself.

Also, most of the escalators are still made of the original wood- quite cool. My favorite part about this Macy's is the displays. They spend millions every season. Right now, it's set up for spring. Flowers absolutely everywhere. Statues made of flowers. Trees, tulips, bouquets bigger than a crowd of people. It's absolutely astounding.

This real fountain is made entirely of flowers…


And this photo does not doesn’t give this floor justice! It's breathtaking in person. It's like a jungle of gardens!

If you visit New York, be sure to give yourself time to tour Macy’s in Herald’s Square!