Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Monday, March 7

Bumble & Bumble 1

I decided to get my hair cut at a top-notch New York salon... Not for a huge makeover or anything- just a trim, really (I'm trying to let my hair grow long again). I know it was going to be expensive, but I had placed some money aside to treat myself.

...Enter: Bumble and Bumble.

The downtown location is in the top floor of a building that is off a side road with no sign. At the bottom, there was a club where banners for Style Magazine were hanging about. Photographers were taking photos of beautiful people standing outside the club doors.

We went up the stairs and into a gigantic elevator (M.I.B. style) that took us up to the 8th floor. The floor was one huge open space, with almost an unfinished look; concrete floors and small trendy tables spread apart from one another as if to take up space. There was a cafe in the corner that served complementary cappuccinos and fresh baked pastries. I checked in so they could let my assigned stylist know I was there, and found a seat. Two sides of the floor were all windows overlooking the amazing New York scenery and the amazing Jersey City skyline across the river.

After 30 minutes, (20 minutes after the time of my appointment), I checked to make sure they still knew I was there. They were very confused and concerned, since my stylist had gone home sick hours ago, and I was the last time slot of the night! They apologized profusely, and made another appointment for tomorrow night.... and COMPED me!!! Awesome! Dave wanted to ask if he could take a quick look at the staff to see who looked a bit peaked. He had asked about making an appointment and found out his hair cut would be $95! I wonder what mine would have been?