Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Saturday, January 15

Acupuncture and Negotiations

No, I didn't have the acupuncture- it was actually Eric of all people!

He damaged his sciatic nerve after almost stumbling down some wet stairs at Central Park during Thanksgiving. He's had uncomfortable pains in his lower back and some numbness in his leg and ankle ever since. Our boss had been trying to talk him into seeing an acupuncturist, and finally just made the appointment for him and handed him $80. He said, "Just go. You have an appointment tomorrow at 9am." Eric said it was actually pretty amazing. He's going back for two more treatments this week.

My salary negotiations are FINALLY done as of late yesterday. It's been an insane two weeks, and trying to agree on pay for my new position had been putting a lot of pressure on me! I always have a hard time asking for more money; it's hard to explain my worth when I'm still sort of new. But, I think I did a pretty good job, and Dave and I will be living a little better.

We're closed on Monday for MLK Day, but we'll all be in as if it were a normal day. Two more weeks until the giant project is finally done! Whew!