Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Tuesday, July 26

Sailing through NY Harbor!!!

Ok, this was BY FAR the coolest thing I've done in New York!!!

One of the designers at work, Ron, took Dave, Eric, Jef and I out sailing with his wife and a few friends. AH-MAZE-ING. I've never been sailing. When we sailed out into the harbor with a gigantic wall of Manhattan in front of us, Ron cut the engine, the sail let out a POP when it caught air, and then, nothing. Just the sound of the water, a buoy bell ringing off in the distance, and then the crack of a single beer can opening, Tons of other sailboats were off in the distance, the sun was setting, the Statue of Liberty standing tall. Wow.

That's all I can do to describe it. Here are a few (out of something like a million) photos.

"Captian Ron's" boat


The financial district behind me...


The crew: Eric, Jef, Ron, Dave, Claudia and Kelly. (Frank got cut off!!!)


You know who this is...


Keeping the boat balanced ;)


I can't tell you how bummed I was that I couldn't take any night photos (my camera is stuck on night, and with the boat moving, they wouldn't come out right). All I could do to feel better was to remind myself that we'd be out there some time again.