Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Friday, June 17

Shopping in NY

Dave, Eric and I took a loong walk after work (I wish I had brought my camera!) and ended up checking out a store called "Urban Outfitters". Awwwwww, MAN... we were floored!

There's an Urban Outfitters in the Millennium Mall in Orlando (actually called "The Mall at Millennia"...a VERY beautiful mall, I might add!). The store in this mall was cool, but not much of a big deal. But THIS one: located 14th and 6th...WOW! The coolest clothing. Dave had to put some of his items back! And there was a complete section of chic books, sassy home decor, and everything fun!

We're heading back as soon as I get paid. I'm really starting to understand shopping. And I'm realizing something.... I've always LOATHED (hear it being said in your head as it's pronounced in movies: "LOOOAATHE") shopping. I'm understanding now that all the shopping in Florida...big boring malls. Strip malls. Department stores or cheap $19.99 stores that really only have clothes that fit petite girls in high school. It's depressing. It makes you feel like there's no hope. But now, I'm connecting the words "shop" with "New York".

Check out this amazing hat!!!

Super artistic. This looks and feels like just the hat to write and perform in.

Here's a skirt I found (great detail!)


And this is the skull necklace that finally arrived which I had ordered from Giant Jewels online! (found through Pixel Girl Presents)


Look out, New York! I'm a goin' a shoppin'!