Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Tuesday, August 9

More music

Tonight Dave, Eric and Bobby headed out to Arlene's Grocery (GREAT place for live music!!!) to see Derek James and his band, who is a friend of a friend. He's pretty good at getting around NYC, too- I've seen invites for this guy (as a band and by himself accoustically) a ton of times just in the last few weeks! I even saw an invite to see him play at the bar in Trump Tower! Dave and Eric said they could see why, too; they said the music was astounding.

After that, a band called "Great Jones" played and rocked everyone even more! I need to see those guys next time.

There were even two A&R guys from a major label there checking both bands out. I wonder if anything came out of it? Dave and Eric kept peeking over at them to see their reactions. I guess it's a lot easier to be seen by a major label if you're both local. How exciting!