Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Wednesday, October 12

Trying to get out!

It still has not stopped raining. I just made it BACK from the Newark airport. I had checked and rechecked my flight times, but by the time I made it there, my 6pm flight was moved to 11am the next day. That means I’m going to miss the chance to take my old co-workers out to lunch on the studio’s card! >=(

Getting to Penn Station today was absolutely insane. One rolling luggage bag in one hand on the NY streets while juggling an umbrella that kept flipping inside out…I eventually gave up and walked through the wind and rain. I was already wet. Boy, 3 blocks never seemed so far away!!!

I took the NJ train over to Newark- it passes right by the place I work:

It’s the one in the middle of the photo- right across from the slanted building.

Eric brought some food over and we hung out. It looks like the wind is causing some weird power surges… just little ones- the lights dim just barely- you can hardly notice it. I guess the power lines are really whipping around out there!

Anyway, I leave later in the morning. At least I’ll get a better night’s sleep. I hope my flight leaves this time…

I’m off to the business trip, the flight to the dinner reception and then the wedding on Saturday! We’ll both be back Sunday!!!