Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Sunday, May 15

Car rental!

Ok, we did the coolest thing today. We rented a car! We had never checked out the pricing- we had no idea we’d get a discount through the studio! We paid $40 for the whole day! We did an IKEA run (to get the rest of my drawers [clear and red] for the shelf, and we also bought their famous meatballs to make at home!), went to Target and then the grocery store. Everything went quick and smooth, and we saved about $70 by not taking cabs everywhere!

Dave did fine driving again since October last year, but doesn’t miss owning a car. I miss driving. I love jumping in whenever I want and just…driving. During the summer, I’d roll the windows down, turn up Incubus or Dishwalla, and just drive. And I really, really miss my Honda CRV (I lost that during bankruptcy last year). It makes me so sad! It was my first brand new car, too!


What my '99 Honda CRV looked like. :(