Sharon in New York

Not-quite daily blab.

Sunday, October 16

Business and Pleasure in FL

Catch-up blog:
I made it to Orlando a little stressed out and tired, but I checked into my room and headed right over to the office to try and see whoever I could before the formal meeting the next day. It was so awesome to see everyone!!! It felt like I still worked there! I was nice to be able to catch up with people and relax for a bit- I knew I wouldn’t have time the next day.

The hotel was perfect- it was at the Peabody on I-Drive (International Drive). Beautiful (and HUGE) hotel! There are even mallard ducks running around inside!

I was especially blessed to have a TV in the bathroom, above the toilet. Dave would be especially proud. If he had been there, he would have wanted me to take a picture of him with it.


The view from the room overlooked a large, untouched area (running very slim these days) with “Pointe Orlando” running next to it (my point, exactly). In the untouched area, there was a huge pond shaped like a heart with an arrow run through it

I had forgotten how flat everything is! You could see forever.

My parents stopped through on their way to visit relatives in St.Augustine, so we went out to dinner at one of my favorite Orlando places: Café TuTu Tango.

The meeting went well, the flight to Ft.Myers went well- I was just in time for the dinner party, luggage and all! Afterwards, Dave met Chris in the hotel bar to savor the moment the day before the wedding. Chris was so excited!

The wedding was awesome- Dave and his brothers looked great in their monkey suits in the wedding. Dave and I each drew a few tears during the ceremony. Chris and Vera looked so happy.

That night, Chris and Vera held a more private party at an awesome Irish Pub (McSwiggins or McCabe’s…Where was I?), where we all let loose, danced, and argued about how much we all drank. The next morning was a little rough for me, but we made it home, unscathed…sort of.